A major gift to the British Library will have a lasting impact and help us preserve our collection, extend our curatorial expertise and create opportunities to share the knowledge we hold with others, globally.
From support for our inspirational exhibitions; funding of major projects to provide digital access to manuscripts and treasures; to the creation of world-class facilities and the purchase of major heritage items; individual philanthropy has brought our collections to life for researchers and scholars - as well as the wider public - across the world. Most recently, with thanks to generous supporters we were able to complete the first year of our project to digitise all of our Malay manuscripts.
Looking ahead and future opportunities
Over the next few years, we will:
- embark on a major refurbishment of our gallery spaces
- acquire archives of key writers and broadcasters
- continue our programme of challenging and landmark exhibitions
- complete the biggest historic maps project undertaken at the Library
- establish a major learning tool to enliven English Literature for students and teachers.
Our key supporters share our vision for bringing the world's knowledge to life. If you share this passion and our ambition, please get in touch to discuss how your gift could transform the British Library.
For further information about how you can support the British Library please contact Joanna Wells, Head of Major Gifts and Corporates, at firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 (0)20 7412 7155.